Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Coconut Meringue Pie

I made 5 of these the other day.  Three to sell at our Fireman's fund raiser and 2 for Mother's Day

 Here's my proof, and don't worry mine are low in calories too. 
 If you believe that I've got property for sale.  
EACH pie has:
5 eggs (homegrown, that is why it is so yellow in the middle)
1 ENTIRE can Cream of Coconut
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Coconut 
+ some butter and misc other goodies
and then the crust and meringue.
Now if that isn't low calorie what is?

I had some left over and brought it home.....talk about a mistake.
When I was dating my husband he bought me one and before the weekend was over I ate the entire pie all by myself, now you understand why this was a mistake to bring it home.

I have posted the recipe for the crust on my blog and it is a simple one, but still my favorite crust ever...Flakey, easy and can make ahead.....honest.

Thanks for visiting my "flakey" part of the country,
Jana

6 comments:

  1. These sound, and look, delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that is my favorite pie and yet you have never made me one....just sayin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite too...just saying' and I'm saving you....your welcome

      Delete
    2. Better yet, you should have came to the auction and bought one.

      Delete
  3. You're so inspirationally organised and you home bake tooooooooo?????????? Just kiddin' - it's MY FAV TOO !!!!! :)) I'm on a diet and now I'm dribbling....;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, perhaps that should have 'drooling' or, 'salivating' dang it ALL three!

      Delete